Why work with our overnight doula agency?
Flexibility is our passion. we have structured our model to fit the unknown needs of birthing families.
- Our contract has no care minimums on it and we do not require a deposit to book our services.
- Yes, that means that you do not need to know right now how many nights per week you will need us. You may need 4 nights of care during your first week with baby and then decide to increase or decrease that as you grow into parenthood.
- We also welcome families that need more acute care or a smaller contract. Do you just need 3 nights of care total during a week between visiting family help? Or one per week for 4 weeks? We can do that!
- If you need to add a shift last minute, we can usually accommodate it.
- Working with an agency team means that in the event that the doula that was assigned to your shift needs to cancel due to illness or a labor (most of us are also active birth doulas), we can usually find another member of our team to step in and cover their shift.
Our diverse team of Overnight Doulas are the best in the Seattle area!
- Our contractors decide when and how much they want to work, structuring their calendars to what fits them and their families best.
- The doulas are all paid a highly competitive rate which allows us to bring on the best of the best!
- We strive to assign our doulas to families that fit their geographic area, expertise and passion. Some of our doulas love twins, some love helping reflux-y babies and some have a passion for helping families struggling with perinatal mood disorders or parents with breastfeeding complications. This keeps the doulas engaged, avoids burnout and our clients are thrilled to have energized doula care at their door.
- Interested clients start by filling out the inquiry form on our site. That will get you officially on our radar and we will send you a scheduling link to set up an interview and intake session with one of the two owners, Kate Dewey or Jane Drichta. You'll get a copy of our service agreement with your interview appointment confirmation so you can peruse it before we meet.
- During our virtual chat, we will go over your needs (and it is really okay if you don't know what you need yet) and explain our services in detail, answering all questions... even the ones you don't know you have.
- Everything we do is paperless, so if you decide to hire us, we will send an e-contract and intake forms to fill out. Invoices are sent every 2 weeks after care begins.
- We accept credit cards and HSA's. While we do not bill insurance, some reimbursement may be possible and we provide a superbill for all postpartums services if you'd like to attempt this.
- All invoices can easily be downloaded for your records.