COVID-19 Precautions and Policies for "Let It Be Birth" Doulas
- All client interviews will be over Zoom for the foreseeable future
- All prenatal visits will be over Zoom for the foreseeable future
- Early Labor support and Prodromal Labor Support will be in person in the clients home if needed, doulas will be masked at all times in the client's home, clients do not need to be masked in their home.
- Doulas will be masked and gloved for all time spent with laboring clients in or out of the hospital and we will be following each hospital's standard rules for in/out room privileges.
- Our Partnership Doulas will NOT be swapping in/out with each other during births, no matter where they are (home, birthing center or hospital) or how long they are.
- Our Doulas are willing to be COVID-tested at a potential charge to the client upon request (charge would be minimal and only if the testing is not covered by insurance). This can be discussed at the prenatal visit.
- Our Partnership Doula duos will be socially isolating from each other to ensure that in the event of COVID exposure to one doula, the other doula will be available for births.
- If the client requests additional Postpartum Doula Services, the doula who attended their birth will be the one we strive to have present for in-person postpartum support. This is not always possible, but it will be our strong preference to limit exposure.